Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke

Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun #1)

Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke is a paranormal romance for young adults. Maya Delaney is an apparently normal teenager at a New Mexico high school who discovers that she has strange powers and that she is destined to fulfill an ancient Mayan prophecy. I absolutely love the cover and I'm sure it will encourage readers to look inside.  The novel is well written and well researched. The information about the Mayan culture is fed into the narrative without coming across as a lecture. The story moves quickly which is essential for a young adult book and mercifully, there are no vampires. Above all, it is a romantic, coming of age novel about love and freindship which will appeal to its intended audience. It appealed to this considerably older adult and I am happy to recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment